Hey everyone! New update with bots, map, mode and more! Below you can see the trailer, and further down the complete patch notes.
New feature: Bots
- Bots have been added to Epigenesis by request from the community!
- New feature: Singleplayer
- Setup a game through the new singleplayer-menu and battle against bots on Gadget arena and Omani arena
New feature: Achievements
- “Longshot” achievement for making a score from X distance (should be a pretty long distance)
- “Marksman” achiev for hitting with ten rails in a row
- “Not a beginner, not a pro” for winning 10 matches
- “Promode, activated!” for winning 500 matches
- “Tactician” for using every power-up in a single match
- “Iron Defence – Goal” for stealing the ball with a melee within X distance from your goal (should be on the spawn-platform)
- “Desecrate Omani Homelands” for winning 10 times as Argos on OmaniArena
- “Desecrate Argos Homelands” for winning 10 times as Omani on ArgosArena
- “Hattrick!” for when a player does 3 goals in a single match
New game mode: Instagib
- Play the classic game mode “instagib” in Epigenesis. Selective servers will be hosting this free-for-all game mode!
- This is instagib v.01 and we’ll need further development. Feedback is always welcome on our forums!
New map: Legacy Arena
- Battle on this new medium-large map that have a wide range of jump difficulties.This map features a lot of line-of-sight
- Major update to all HUD elements and menus
- Changed placement of Loadout icons in pre-game
- The smokescreen on Mixed Arena and Argos Arena will now fade in and out instead of just disappearing
- Changed banners back to Argos and Omani characters
- The team flags now have cloth physics. The flag can’t interact with players and/or the ball due to performance issues
- The shockwave pickup should now be able to push players down if they are below you.
- Added a sound for when a player melees another player
- Powerups will be available in the warm up and will respawn when the match begins
- Added sound for buttons in menues
- Added showcase for Plants and Buffs in Customization menu
- Added text below the status-heads for the teams (HUD)
- Added a sound when players hit with melee
- Added particle for flying platforms on Gran Arena
- The Methylation beam is a bit longer
- The Methylation beam appear directly once the right mouse button is pressed.
- The smokescreens smoke is bigger
- The smokescreens detection range is bigger
- Increased the time between shots for the Turret from 1 to 2
- Fixed a bug where the ball sometimes had a snowball-material.
- Fixed a bug where the player could hear other players welcome sound
- Fixed a bug where the menu didn’t disappear when the player pressed “resume”
- Fixed scaling bug for Grapple icon (HUD)
- Fixed the “Welcome” sound bug
- Powerups now spawn in warm-up
That’s all for this week! See you at i51!